MTC to hold AGM next week Wednesday
The Metro Trading Company will hold its annual general meeting (AGM) at the Roodepoort Theatre, 100 Christian de Wet Road, Florida Park, Roodepoort, at 8:30 am on Wednesday 11 March 2020.
The AGM is MTC’s highest decision-making body where shareholders participate in the supervision and governance of the company and exercise their right to vote.
The purpose of the AGM is to:
- Present the directors’ report, the social and ethics committee’s report, the annual financial statements and the audit committee report of the company for the year ended 30 June 2019;
- Elect directors as members of the board in terms of the provisions of the Memorandum of Incorporation of the company or by way of the Companies Act, 2008 (Act No. 71 of 2008);
- Elect members of the audit committee in terms of section 94 of Companies Act 71 of 2008;
- Appointing an Auditor for the 2019/20 financial year in accordance with the provisions of section 90 of the Companies Act 71 of 2008;
- Transact such other businesses as may be transacted at the AGM of the company; and
- Adopt with or without modification, the shareholder special and ordinary resolutions.
MTC has issued a notice about the AGM on its website and the City of Joburg’s website.